Sunday, April 17, 2011

Where have I been?

So those of you who follow pretty closely may have noticed I haven't posted in 2 whole weeks... and I guess I dont really have a decent excuse for that besides exhaustion and fucking snow in the middle of April...



Tonight's project is kind of a test for a series I'd like to do. I framed a print of a photo I took and then dropped it in the exact place I took it at. So, the viewer should be able to stand back and compare the dichotomy of the scene that I captured and the scene that exists in their present:



Getting a good photo of it was less then easy but that could just be more excuses.

On another note I recently discovered that FreeStreet was featured (kind of) in an article in the March 31, 2011 publication of the High Plains Reader. I say 'kind of' because they used a photo of the jet ski sign for an article completely about the gay community in Fargo. Confused? Me too. There is not one mention or any relevance to the sign of ANY kind in the article. Nothing at all against the gay community, I just can't help but feel a little cheated! I emailed the writer, Josh Boschee, about it but no light was ever shed on the subject.

--SKEM3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog