Sunday, April 24, 2011

this day is an island


If you didn't spend most the day outside today you messed up, its the last nice one for awhile. Rain and cold will be running the show for at least another week. Today's project is a bird house I found in the garbage and fixed up. I figured since spring seems to never come the birds have been out in the cold and rain for more then their share.
I rigged a clipping strap to the back so it can rest on one branch while being held tight in place by the higher one (no nails or anything were put into the tree). The perch was made from a broken chop stick pounded into a smaller hole. Then I filled her with bird seed in hopes that it might entice them more though, I'm not sure how fond they will be of crawling inside of an eyeball ha. Installing was less then easy since its so high up and so far out but it fit great! Now I just hope someone walking through the park will catch a bird living in there some day!




BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

 

Got the chance to see an amazing street artist, CHASE, at work last week. Super inspiring dude. We ended up doing a kind of impromptu, hand done, sticker trade. Super pumped to have a few originals and in the excitement of free art I decided to share them with everyone and put'm up. Found a few high up places I expect to see a decent life span. Dude's huge and way sick, make sure to check him out!

--SKEM3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog