Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bitter Start





Interesting start on this bitter Thursday night. To christen the Free Street project we put up our first piece along with the piece used for our title bar (for now). Both are made of magazine clip outs pasted onto scavenged cardboard panels.

   First piece was put up at the bus station (if you couldn't recognize the sign). Literally less than 5 minutes after we put it up we had to watch defeat-idly as a couple of workers happen to pull up right after us and take it down.

All this means is we can only get better results
                                                                Much more to come







***UPDATE***
Turns out the worker that took it didn't just toss it they took it home with them! Big ups to you man. Sorry if the debate it struck left you in a sore place with your boss. Appreciated.







2 comments:

  1. I was the guy who took it down. Sorry. I didn't want to but my supervisor who was driving the van wanted me remove it. Your art sparked a heated debate about the art and freedom of speech between him and I. In that way I think your piece was successful, even though we had to take it down. I like what you're doing. Keep it up. I kept your sign, I want to re-post it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for understanding! The bitter start just got much better. As one of the members of FSF, I was super bummed watching that piece go that quick. Thanks for your support man, it really helps. Re-post or keep it, either way we accomplished our task.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog